Monday, October 18, 2010

NAIA


Who can tell? That i will become an OFW someday. It was two years then since I started writing this blog and most of my posts deal about the life of Filipinos working and living abroad. It was more of a drawing. A question of how would it be like to be an OFW. But what the real thing is for me to reveal now that I am one of them.

It was August 15 of this year when I left the country for the opporunity that called me. An opportunity that I cannot resist. Because chances don't come everyday.

It was my first time to work, live and travel out of the country and this maybe one of the most life changing experiences I have encountered. Mixed emotions, Significant places and important persons that i have been redefined to me as i brace myself for an adventure I am yet to discover.

NAIA. I already knew the meaning of this airport before but it was more of an International airport. I realized that it was a hub of dreams. A terminal filled with scenes that tell you more of a story by just staring people from afar. Some are bread winners, good fathers, loving mothers, expatriates, a happy family, a good son and daughter and many more.

Bottomline is that I am now one of those thousands and thousands of Filipino leaving the life in the Philippines for better opportunities abroad. For family, for self, for career, for the country. Perhaps I can already prove how it feels like to be an OFW. The people who we call "Mga Bagong Bayani."

No comments: