Friday, February 10, 2012

Digital Camera With A Phone




Yesterday I finally got myself a Nokia N8. Though I had some arguments with the salesman who gave me the wrong N8 to convince me to buy the unit. I really thought I already did a comprehensive review about the Nokia N8 but I was really surprised that there are 8 GB units sold in the market nowadays that are also dual band only (meaning you can't use it outside the country). That's the reason I was caught in the middle when I already agreed on the discounted price, thinking it was the 16 GB unit Then after the unit is already in my hands, he told me that it was dual band. I was really surprised and clueless to hear that, then i returned the unit to him and ask him to give me the original Nokia n8 i was looking for. Maybe that's why they are selling it for cheaper.


Anyways after reading a lot of reviews, I finally got a new phone. I love Nokia. The original mobile phone before the Android and iPhone era. It maybe outdated compared to a lot of smartphones nowadays but there are reason why i chose this amazing phone.

First of all, I already have a Samsung Galaxy SL and the reason why i got myself a nokia n8 is because of the camera. I need a decent camera that I can also use for phone calls. Yes, I already had the Samsung and it has a camera but not quite as good as the N8. And the Samsung Galaxy doesn't have a dedicated camera button for stable picture taking and no flash. I am using it for internet browsing on 3g. The data sim available here unfortunately can;t make phone calls making it necessary for me to get another phone that's why i decided to get another. I have read a lot of reviews about smartphones and camera phones. So far the Nokia N8 still stand out as the best camera phone. I am really impressed with the quality of the pictures it takes. I can say it can replace a really good point and shoot camera.


The good points of Nokia N8
-Superior Camera even in low lights.
-Good battery life.
-Simple and elegant and solid design
-Simple and easy to use.
-Music player is excellent
-Expandable memory
-HDMI availability
-moutability of external usb drives

The not so good
-Poor internet browser
-No syncing. There is but not like the android and iphone which automatically syncs photos,videos and other files to a cloud.
-No viable applications


No comments: