Sunday, July 13, 2008

Full Battle Gear


"Teacher Enemy Number One"


When I was a Freshman in the College Years, I had a terror professor. He was capable of eating flesh of student (that’s the way I can describe his teaching strategy) I learned from him the Term Full Battle Gear. Since he was my instructor in Drafting and Design, by the time he says that we should be in Full Battle gear tomorrow, that means that we have to bring complete drafting instruments and materials which includes all the technical pens, triangles, scale, rulers, protractor, pencil and most importantly the T-Square. When you fail to bring the T-square, it means that you’re in hot water. But there are still two options, “GO HOME OR BE DIPPED IN BOILING OIL” (I find it hard to translate I-gisa) But then it was more embarrassing if that teacher caught you drawing without T-square. My classmates had some cool experiences that Architect is a half man half monster teacher. This time they had their drawing instruments ready. The problem is that they weren’t doing the assigned drawing exercise at the moment they get caught. After a minute or two, they were happily asked by our professor what are they doing after seeing them doing some moves of chess facing each other comfortably seated at the drafting table. Suddenly, I heard a deep roaring of thunder when the Professor architect responded and asked them to bring their drawings in front. What happens next is a series of shredded paper constantly blowing at the faces of my two dear classmates. It was a relaxing scene after.

No comments: