Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Wet Shoes

I was sitting at the window side of the bus on my way home after a long day of work. It was raining. I was reminded again of my childhood blues. When I was a kid, I always dream of wearing comfortable shoes. I consider it more than a need but a luxury since we can’t afford to buy good ones. Many times happened that I got my feet wet from a wrecked pair of shoes. I accept the mere fact because we’re empty handed most of the time. Since then I said to myself “when I grow up I will have the best pair ever”. I consider my feet so important more than a symbol for the walk I make in life. I think that people are characterized somehow of the shoes they have. Some have white, black, clean and simple. Some are sleek and do have diamonds and some are dirty and worn out. It really depends on how it was used and the places it has stepped. I remembered a line from a tv series said “It is important to have good shoes. It shall bring you to places”. Suddenly I was disturbed by the call of the bus conductor. I’m already on the terminal.
Reaching home, I slowly removed my shoes one after another noticing that it was wet. Now and still wet.

No comments: