Monday, July 7, 2008

"Oh My Gas!"


When I was riding on a jeep going on my way back home, I noticed the driver talking to a man in the front seat. We were on a stop to refuel. “Magtataas na naman ang gasolina.” As he gave his payment to the gasoline boy. He mentioned that the gas is increasing rapidly and it kills. He doesn’t have any more money to bring home for his family. One round of his route from Quiapo to North EDSA would consume nearly six liters or 300 pesos of gas. That’s pretty hard and it gets even tougher when oil price hike continue. I can see in his eyes that he was threatened by this. “Kapag nagtaas ulit ang gas, hindi na ko babyahe. If fare would still rise, he would just end up with nothing left for his family to eat because the boundary will complement the fare increase” he added. It was alarming in the sense that people would suffer from starvation. I don’t have any idea on how to put things on the right track. The only thing I can do is to sympathize with his lonely ride hoping that this country will soon make up in the future….

3 comments:

Bienthoughts [a.ride.to.life] said...

oh yes, crisis!

pamatayhomesick said...

nice topic!...nmiss ko lang sumakay ng jeep!

Ray L bulakeño said...

everlito?you're not riding a jeep anymore?