Sunday, July 20, 2008

Taking Back Sunday


I’ve been so busy with my work since the day I was employed. This is exhilarating at first and quite annoying in the long run. But the bottom line is you get the money, you pay taxes and you become a productive member of the society. I’ve been counting the days until weekend comes, day after day, the office become more of a home to me that it suddenly become my life. Everyday is a working day. No weekends. No time for other necessities of man. Does this life really becoming productive? I can’t even remember the last time I attended a mass or say a prayer at night. Seriously there’s something wrong. I hope I could take back Sundays. A lunch with the family, watch movie with friends, play basketball with younger cousins. How about reading a good book, play with my dog or sit and watch TV all day. I miss weekend.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Ray,
As soon as you get up in the morning say thank you God Almighty for all our blessings and for being alive today. While you are riding the bus or train on the way to work or coming from work, say your prayers. Every chance you got, express your happiness and gratitude to God. For only when we appreciate what we already have, then we would surely receive some more!
It is all about knowing your priorities in life. In my case, God is my #1 priority so therefore no matter how busy I am, I surely find time to pray wherever, whenever. God Bless, Thel

Unknown said...

naisip mo pa un? hehehe.. nakakarelate q sau.-rose

Ray L bulakeño said...

Tita Thel,
Thanks for your advice..I'll keep that in mind.Godbless you too.Keep on writing.

Virgenie,
oo naman..All work no play makes johnny dull boy. Sometimes you should go out and be crazy. This life is short. You'll know its over when you're getting sick.